If you’re anything like me, with summer right around the corner, you’re looking for awesome outdoor activities to keep your toddler entertained. My toddler’s all time favorite outdoor activity is playing with his water tables!
I have a confession…
I was so excited for my son’s first summer, so we could go outside and play. In the beginning of January, I started planning all of my creative and educational summer fun activities.
Summer finally rolled around, I was six months pregnant, and I took my son outside on the very first day we had nice weather.
I basically jumping up and down with excitement while setting up our awesome activity I had planned. My son took one look at it, and he took off running the other direction.
After quite some time of trying to get him engaged with my activity, I decided I was too pregnant, too hot, and too tired for that. So what did I do? I gave him a big bowl of water and a cup!
Let me tell you, he was entertained for about two hours!!
My husband and I made the decision that day that we were going to buy a water table, and it is the best toy we have ever purchased for my son!
Why Are Water Tables So Awesome?
- For some reason toddlers love splashing in water, and water tables are an awesome toy that they can splash water everywhere with.
- They are super simple to set up.
- Your child can play in water, without having to worry about water safety like you would with a swimming pool.
- You can use water tables for learning and a ton other types of activities (see below for ideas).
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Check out our Privacy Statement for more information.
This water table is a mom’s best friend, because of the nice umbrella to keep your little one out of the sun. Check everything else it has to offer out here!
This water table includes your child’s favorite characters! Your toddler can use the launch pads to shoot the characters into the water. Plus, the characters make for good toys on their own as well. You can see all the details here.
Water and Sand Tables
This water and sand table can hold up to 40 pounds of sand! See all of the information here!
Activities You Can Try With Water Tables
- Put ice cubes in the water table for fun scooping play.
- Put ball pit balls in the water table. It is very hilarious to watch little ones try and scoop the balls out. This is also a great activity for teaching colors.
- Some of these water tables come with little figurines, but if you purchase a water table that does not, just use little people or toy animals to have more fun with the water table.
- Depending on your child’s age, you could do some simple science experiments. Gather items from around the house, and see which items float and which ones sink.
Don’t Forget The Accessories
I hope this post helped you find the perfect water table for your little one! Please share this with your family and friends!