Ah, the popular, exhilarating show- Game Of Thrones. What is not to love? Queens, kings, knights, dragons, magic, the fight for the iron throne, and all the wonderful Game Of Thrones Quotes!
Parents everywhere put the kids to bed, and get excited to watch the storyline unfold- filled with battles, deception, and mystery.
Watching Game Of Thrones might be mom and dads secret pleasure, but who is to say that it can’t make you be a better parent? The show is filled with so many great quotes that can inspire parents everywhere.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Check out our Privacy Statement for more information.
So here you go…10 Game Of Thrones Quotes To Inspire Parents
1. “Are you a sheep? No. You’re a dragon. Be a dragon.” -Lady Olenna Tyrell
Teach your kids to be powerful, and not let anyone walk all over them. Help your kids find their voice and use it when necessary.
2. (Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?) “That is the only time a man can be brave.” -Ned Stark
Be the parents that teach your children that it is normal to have fears, but they can also be brave and face those fears. The fears they do have, do not have to hold them back in life.
3. “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” -Tyrion Lannister
Educate your children. The knowledge that books can give, can get kids very far in life.
4. “Any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king.” -Tywin Lannister
Teach your children to never abuse any power or authority that they have in any relationship. Make sure to teach them how to respect other people.
5. “The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted.” -Mance Rayder
At some point, you will need to allow your children to spread their wings, and make their own decisions. If they do not make their own mistakes along the way, they will never learn from it.
6. “A lord must learn that sometimes words can accomplish what swords cannot.”
Teach your children to use their words instead of their fists, because it will get them much farther in life.
7. “The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they’re all a tray of cakes next to death.” -Lady Olenna Tyrell
Life is not always fair and horrible things can happen, but remind them that it could always be worse, and to look at the positives in a bad situation.
8. “ A very small man can cast a very large shadow.” -Lord Varys
A person’s capabilities are not measured by their size. Anyone can accomplish anything or be anything they want to be, as long as they set their mind to it and put in the work. Help your kids reach their goals, no matter how absurd the goals are.
9. “Fear cuts deeper than any sword.” – Arya Stark
Fear is a very powerful emotion, and can hold kids back everyday. Be sure to teach children how to deal with and face fears, so they can reach their full potential in life.
10. “The White Walker don’t care if a man’s free folk or crow. We’re all the same to them, meat for their army. But together we can beat them.” -Jon Snow
In every situation, people are more powerful when working together. Make sure your child learns how to collaborate and cooperate with other people.
Just for your pleasure check out these awesome Game Of Throne collectibles!
What are your favorite Game Of Throne quotes? Share in the comments!
Check out these articles:
- 12 Labor And Delivery Tips For Dad
- Dad’s Ultimate Guide To Pregnancy
- 10 Truths About Having A Second Child